Scope: The Starke County Sheriff’s Office and Detention Center is a one hundred forty-five (145) bed project that included renovation of an existing building, new construction of intake/booking, and new construction of inmate housing. The building also includes the sheriff’s office, administrative area, court room, and 911-dispatch office.
Pauly Jail Building Company scope of work included furnishing and installing: fifty-eight (58) steel cells, padded cells, security hollow metal, detention windows, and security electronics.
Start Date: 11/12/2013
Completion Date: 05/01/2015
Pauly Jail Building Company Contract Amount: $3,226,344.00
Construction Manager: The Skillman Corporation | 8006 Aetna Street | Merrillville, IN 46410 | (219) 942-2787 Phone | Contact: Derek Anderson
Architect: DLZ Indiana, LLC | 157 East Maryland Street | Indianapolis, IN 46204 | (317) 633-4120 Phone | Contact: Scott Carnegie
Sheriff: Sheriff Bill Dulin | 5435 E State Road 8 | Knox, IN 46534 | (574) 772-3771 Phone
Pauly Jail Building Company self-performs the installation of all detention equipment for every project and is signatory with the International Ironworkers.
Partners that were a part of this project:
- Global Security Glazing for Security Glass
- Hope's Windows, Inc. for Detention Windows
- Kane Innovations, Inc. (Kane Detention) for Security Ceilings
- Norix Group, Inc. for Detention Equipment
- RR Brink Locking Systems, Inc. for Security Hardware
- Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. for Security Electronics
- SteelCell of North America, Inc. for Modular Security Cells
- Willoughby Industries for Security Toilets & Security Shower Enclosures